v85NX Ka 4.5W
The World’s First Future Proof Ku- to Ka-band Convertible Sub-1m VSAT
Intellian v85NX is a Ku- to Ka-band convertible maritime VSAT antenna system with a 85cm diameter reflector. The compact 85cm antenna’s smaller footprint allows installation on smaller vessels yet still allows the system to operate on a 1-meter designed network.
Quick Ku- to Ka-band Conversion
The v85NX can be easily converted from Ku- to Ka-band operation by changing the center-mounted RF assembly.
Higher RF Performance
The system comes standard with 8W BUC and can be upgraded to operate with 16W or 25W BUC’s.
Quick and Easy Deployment
Single cable design and no internal shipping brackets reduce installation time and cost.
Embedded Dual Antenna Mediator
Intellian’s NX series fully supports dual antenna operations, without an additional mediator or RF splitters.
Future Proof System
- Hardware designed to track NGSO satellites
- No additional Mediator needed to track NGSO satellites
- Ka- to Ku-band convertible
- 2.5GHz Wideband Ka-band Radome and Reflector ready
- No need to open radome during antenna installation onboard
- Mounting from outside of radome
- Pre-hung lifting strap supplied as standard with all NX-series
- Radome removal not required during install with single cable external termination and dynamic motor braking
Radome Height 123 cm / 48.4”
Radome Diameter 113cm / 44.5”
Empty Dome Weight 25 kg / 55.1 lbs
Reflector Diameter 85 cm / 33.5”
ADU Weight 95 kg / 211.6 lbs
Platform 3-axis / Azimuth, Elevation, Cross-level
Azimuth Range Unlimited
Elevation Range -20º to 115º
Cross-level Range ± 37º
Stabilization Accuracy 0.2° peak mispointing
@max ship motion condition
Motor Brake System Dynamic Brake System
Tx Frequency 29.0 ~ 30.0 GHz Ka-band
Tx Gain 45.8 dBi @ Mid band (excl. radome)
Rx Frequency 19.2 ~ 20.2 GHz Ka-band
Rx Gain 42.8 dBi @ Mid band (excl. radome)
G/T Min. 18.5 dB/K @ 19.7 GHz (clear Sky, 30º Elevation)
BUC Power 4.5W, 9W (Optional)
Polarization Circular (RX : LHCP, TX : RHCP)
Antenna Cable Single 50-ohm Coax Cable for Rx, Tx, FSK,
Reference and Power from ACU to CDU