Unparalleled coverage and connectivity Iridium Pilot is built with the same reliable high-quality voice and data capability the world has come to trust from the only pole-to-pole satellite communications company.
The unique cross-linked architecture of Iridium’s global constellation of 66 Low Earth Orbiting (LEO) satellites gives Iridium Pilot inherent advantages in performance and dependability – making it an ideal platform for primary or back up communications.
Multiple phone lines keep your crew connected Iridium Pilot’s three independent phone lines help boost crew morale by letting your crew stay in touch with family and friends. Affordable prepaid options allow calling even at peak times.
Crew calls are also easily separated from ship’s business calls for simplified accounting.
Flexible, high value data options for email, web browsing or business operations, Iridium Pilot leverages the Iridium OpenPort® broadband service to offer a wide range of flexible, high value global service packages that meet the needs and budget of ships, large and small, everywhere.
Lightweight, durable and easy-to-install
The lightweight, low profile Iridium Pilot omnidirectional satellite antenna can
be easily mounted at any convenient location on deck, and can withstand
the effects of nearly any maritime environment. Iridium Pilot also provides
near real-time usage metrics to assist in troubleshooting.
Backed by an industry-leading five-year limited manufacturer’s warranty, Iridium Pilot® is the only global, reliable connection for broadband voice and data maritime communications. Powered by the Iridium OpenPort® broadband service, — supports commercial vessels with exceptional performance, durability and value at sea.
A recognized maritime communications leader, Iridium offers customers several key competitive advantages, including:
- Connectivity in every corner of the Earth
- Data plans with up to 40% savings over competitors
- Flexible airtime packages with minimal (month-to-month) terms, helping improve cost efficiency for your business
- A continued commitment to providing best-in-class L-Band communications, giving you what you need rather than telling you what you want
- Easy access to the service of tomorrow with Iridium Certus(SM)
With a range of value-added service providers, Iridium helps ship operators succeed in a competitive market by:
- Offering highly resilient communications of critical information needed while at sea
- Enabling greater levels of speed and efficiency for data communications such as up-to-date charts, weather reports and port information
- Providing three voice lines standard to enable simple operations and easy access for crew calling
- Offering smaller equipment that can be mounted higher on the ship, enhancing reliability
- Supporting more cost- and fuel-efficient operations